Friday, July 12, 2013

Second Attempt of a Transitioning Hairstyle

Hello World !

 This is my FIRST WEEK into my natural hair journey and I've come across a lot of struggles already. Hair too dry /hair too greasy. Hair too straight/hair too curly. Big poof/loose curls. (Based on what I expect the outcome to be) It's just a huge hair learning experience. Overall I'm learning how to care for it best and what products work best for MY hair. Alright, so since the Bantu Knots/Chini Bumps were an epic fail  yesterday I decided to go for a flat twist out today. I had tried this style about three days ago which also resulted in an epic fail. I thought if I parted and sectioned differently I'd get different results. Trial and error at it's best.

Alright so this is the comparison of how I parted it the first time and then last night (L to R)


As you may or may not be able to see, the first time I did four going to the side, two in the back and two on the side. The second time I did two toward the front, two going down on each sides and four toward the back and these were the results



BACK:



FRONT:
I was semi happy with the results. The bottom back is still frustrating me because its so short. But it'll have to do for now.

Stay tuned while I continue to grow my NATURAL hair and grow as an individual, wish me luck. I will need it ! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment