Monday, July 15, 2013

Online Shopping: Pros and Cons

Hello World !




I absolutely love to go shopping, I mean but what female doesn't? It's like the perfect gender role stereotype. I just like the way I feel when I go retail shopping. It's kind of therapeutic. Based on convenience and preference some people may prefer online shopping over in store shopping. Here are a list of personal pros and cons of online shopping you may be able to identify with.




PROS

  • Not having to wait in long lines - Patience is a virtue, a virtue many people lack.
  •  No annoying workers - As soon as you walk into the store "Is there anything I can help you with?" Yes, you can back up and let me shop, if I need assistance I'll ask for it. Thank you.
  • No crazy shoppers/crowds - Whether it's Black Friday or if it's just the weekend the mall is ALWAYS packed.
  • Everything is layed out and already organized - You don't have to use gas and time to go shopping and possibly not find what you're looking for.
  • The ability to multitask while shopping - You can clean and shop. Eat and shop. Wash clothes and shop. Heck ! You can even breastfeed and shop. It's just convenient!
  • Special Deals - depending on the store they may offer special deals for online shoppers versus in store.
  •  
    CONS
     
     
  • Sizing - If it's an unfamiliar site or item you may end up with a size too or small or too big. Then you end up having to go to the store anyway, if you don't want to pay to ship it back. At this point it's become more of hassle than a convenience.
  • Looks are deceiving - I personally can't stand when I get something that appeared differently online. Which if I would have saw while shopping at the mall I wouldn't have bought. It's the worse. Especially if the item is final sale, forget about it.
  • Anticipation - If you're excited about the purchase it feels just like Christmas as a kid. You know you're getting something and when but you just CAN'T WAIT! Especially if you do standard shipping which can take up to 9 business days (depending). SMH.
  • Pricing minimum on free shipping- What if I just want one item that cost 10 bucks?! Why do I have to spend at least 60 to get free shipping? Obviously they have to get you to spend your money somehow. This is the number one way how. Along with the suggestion items on the side/bottom. So you can say "Ooo this is cute .. Oh and this .. fab !" 
  • Identity Theft - This one is very important. I check my account often, especially if I am frequently purchasing items with my card. My bank also notifies me of withdrawals above a certain amount in any case I should be concerned. Be sure to check your balance and your listed purchases to make sure they were all made by you. Report any suspicious purchases and such.





Hope everyone's enjoying their summer :D






No comments:

Post a Comment