Saturday, July 6, 2013

Missing you



The way we met was so ordinary. No formal introductions no corny pick up lines just casual conversation. Neither one of us had intentions on taking each other seriously. A month in and it's like we both realize it's something uniquely special about each other and the chemistry was ridiculous (in a good way). Being done wrong makes it so much easier to see good when it's right in front of you. Though I must admit it wasn't easy to accept. Overtime I've learned so much about myself as an individual that you've made clear to me. When I'm not sure you always reassure me that I can do it. When things get rough for each of us you remind me that there's no need to worry because of Philippians 4:19 and I remind you to that God is in control of your life because of Jeremiah 29:11. 

I know I'm young so this post may be overlooked but that's okay. For the amount of time I've lived and dated young men and got to know different individuals in general, I've learned enough to know when I have a truly good person in my life. I've learned to appreciate them and cherish the memories in the moment. I've learned to think highly of my self because how I project myself is how it will be reflected back unto me. I've learned that loving me first gives me the capability to convey love onto others. I've learned that being content and comfortable in my skin should drown out the negativity that attempts to intervene. 

He believes in putting God and his mother first in his life. He's understanding to the point where very rarely do I need to explain the purpose of my actions. Loving to the point where it's not overbearing nor lacking, it's just enough. Caring to the point of always showing concern and offering suggestions. He has a delicate heart, he's strong minded, protective and very humorous. Though based off first impression he's not the person I would have chosen, I must say it pays to get to know someone. Our relationship is not to be understood but more so known.

I know that he makes me happy and at this point and time that's all that matters. We want the best for each other in everything, mainly education. He supports my dreams of being a teacher saying I'll be "The best teacher in the world". We push each other to achieve our goals (big or small). He also let's me talk him to death without complaining and actually listens unless ESPN is on LOL. I support his hobbies and he supports mine. He's open minded to my culture and I'm open minded to his as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is thank God I took that stupid dance class because I wouldn't have met you when I did or at all.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! This is a cute post. Can't wait to meet him! :)

    ReplyDelete