Sunday, July 7, 2013

F O O D

Hello World !! 


I had a little inspiration to write this post because trust me, as much of a fan I am of food I wouldn't have done this all on my own.




Well I'll start by saying your health is very important and being able to maintain healthy eating habits are valuable as well. There are hundreds of diets, programs, books, pills, and equipment to lure you in. Whether you want to lose a vast amount of weight or just tone your body. No matter what method you choose I think it's important to know the effects and the in and outs of the product before usage. There are plenty of scams and I'm sure the last thing you want to do is waste hundreds of dollars on a useless resource. My advice would be to check the reviews (from real people), whether it's a personal testimony or other internet blogs.

Here are some links to products I know are very helpful !

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?e=b&s_tnt=46950:6:0

http://www.zumba.com/en-US

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/10_minute_trainer.do


 


COUNT THOSE CALORIES



As I get into the food I personally like to eat I think it's important for me to point out that it's not impossible to enjoy the foods you love and remain fit or healthy. There's just one word that needs to be added to your vocabulary: MODERATION. Which includes eating small portions and paying attention to the serving sizes and the amount of calories that are in each serving size. If you're new at this, of course it will take some getting used to. But think about it, it will be a change for the better and the end results will be spectacular!

Here's a user friendly calorie counter to get you started. REMEMBER: the ideal amount of calories per day is 2,000

http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-food-calorie-counter


JAMAICAN STYLE



Okay, so since I have a Jamaican background I'll start there.
Jerk Chicken/ Pork
Beef Stew
Oxtail
Curry Goat
Escoveitched Fish
Fried & Boil Dumpling
Spicy Beef Patties with Cocoa Bread
Callaloo / Cabbage
Saltfish
Jack Fruit
Breadfruit
Bulla
Bag Juice/ Sugar Cane
Bammy
Fried Plantain
the list continues ....


Are you interested in the preparation of some of the dishes above? Well, here's a link with all the necessary ingredients and recipes to get you started !

http://www.jamaicatravelandculture.com/food_and_drink.htm



DINE INS



To move on I'd like to mention great restaurants I've been to, want to visit again soon, those I don't like and those I've never been to. These exclude your typical Friday's, Applebees, and Ruby Tuesday's.

MY FAVORITE'S
-Red Lobster
-Olive Garden
-Ari rang
-Buffalo Wild Wings
-Famous Dave's


NEED TO VISIT AGAIN SOON
-Macaroni Grill
-Jose Tejas
-Cheesecake Factory
-Cheeseburger in Paradise
-Outback Steakhouse


NOT A FAN OF
-Red Robin
-Ruby Tuesday's


ON MY BUCKET LIST
-The Melting Pot
-Hooter's
-Charlie Brown's
-Rainforest Cafe
-Bonefish Grill










If you any suggestions of other weight loss alternatives or new restaurants I should try leave a comment ! :)

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS LOVE YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE

No comments:

Post a Comment