Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Years !!

Hello World !!

Happy New Years to all !



Anybody ever wondered about the significance of the ball dropping in NYC to introduce the New year?


Well I have, so I researched it:

I found that a guy named Adolph Ochs, the owner of the New York Times newspaper, was thinking of ways to promote his new company. He decided to display fire works at the strike of 12:00. The ball itself was created and designed by Artkraft Strauss, a famous designer in New York. The first ball dropped on December 31, 1907 to introduce the new year of 1908 and has remained a tradition ever since. Pretty cool, huh?


On another note:

This post is just a formal welcome into the new year from me to you. Whether you celebrated in Times Square NYC, Church, a party, or your bed I hope that you realize how blessed you are to have made it to see another year.

It seems as though New Year's resolutions have become meaningless and often get thrown out within the first month of the year. If this is you, here some tips to keep your resolutions:

1. Make sure they are reasonable, realistic and what you will gain from them is tangible
2. Make sure it beneficial for the future
3. Go into the new year with intentions on actually going through with them


My OWN Resolutions:
1. SAVE
-end of list-

Ways to maintain this:
1. Unsubscribe from every store's Promo and newsletter (online shopping is the devil)
2. Literally take out, at least, $20 from every paycheck
3. Save ALL my coins (until my piggy bank is actually full)
4. Remember all of the BIG things I NEED and forget about the LITTLE things I WANT
5. Open a savings account

Wish me luck and pray for blessings, I'll need it. LOL

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR RESOLUTIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW

I LOVE FEEDBACK :D !

As Always, Thanks for reading !






2 comments:

  1. Good plan for saving. Stick with it. N thanks for the factoid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I will try een when those promo temptations try to get me !

      & No problem

      Delete