Friday, January 3, 2014

3rd Month Post BC

Hello World !!


So I'm back again with another Natural Hair Post :D I get so excited to do these even though in the beginning I promised my self I wouldn't make one EVERY month so that you guys could actually see real progress. So I skipped one month, I just couldn't resist this time around. But I make a promise *right now* to my readers that my next update wont be until Month 6. (Hold me to that) I also promise my self to use NO heat styling until that time.


FYI: since it's already January I'm technically late for my 3rd month but still early for my 4th

Here are some photos in comparison from month 1 to 3 Post BC




This a comparison of my hair after being blown out from the end of October to the end of December

Top Pic: November Flat Iron & Trim







Bottom Pic: December Flat Iron & Trim



(It grew a decent amount in just one month if I do say so myself)

*Heat Protectant: Fantasia IC (Red Bottle)*





So in case anyone is wondering or just curious I do have a regimen, FINALLY. But it will most likely change as my hair journey continues. But currently...

Maintenance:


- Shampoo Wash Hair Once EVERY week
- Deep Condition EVERY Week
- Thin Hair Treatment EVERY week
- CoWash in between one week period (when necessary)
- Trim Once a MONTH (or when necessary)

*a lot of people rant about co-washing because shampoo strips the hair strands of natural oils. But my scalp hates co-washing. I get so much build up and my scalp itches like crazy. So I personally need to shampoo. This is why I pre-poo AND deep condition*

MY Current Steps and Staple Products:


Pre-poo (Thin hair treatment) - water, honey, 1/2 banana, olive & coconut oil. blend and place on hair for 15 minutes with cap NO LONGER (personal experience)
Shampoo - Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Sulfate Free Conditioning Shampoo
Deep Condition - Hollywood Olive Oil Deep Conditioner & Oil
Condition & Wash - Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
Leave in Conditioner - Giovanni Leave In Conditioner
Moisturize - Shea Butter Mix, Olive Oil
Styling - Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle`

In case you are wondering about what the Shea Butter mix includes see HERE:




Using:
-Unrefined Shea Butter at Room Temperature
-About 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
-About 1 tsp Olive Oil
-About 1 tsp Castor Oil
-About 1 Tbsp Jojoba Oil
-About 1/2 tsp Vitamin E

 

DISCLAIMER: These steps and products are what work for my hair and in no way are they guaranteed to provide you with the same results. My advice to you is that if you're using a product or products that already work for you, DO NOT change them. But if you are still looking for products, then it won't hurt to try something new.

FALSE THINKING: I used to believe that using one line of all their products would ultimately be best but that's not true in any case. You may love one lines conditioner but hate their shampoo or love a moisturizer but not their gel. Unfortunately it takes a lot of trial and error to get it right. Personally I swap products with friends and family (whether they're going natural or not), therefore no money is wasted.



I attempted to be as informative and helpful as possible if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I love answering questions :) AGAIN, thank you for reading!

Until Next Time :D



"I'll desire to inspire until I perspire." - Dyme C



No comments:

Post a Comment