Wednesday, July 2, 2014

9 Months Post BC: July - Fav Products For My Natual Hair

Hello World !!! 


Hope Everyone is having an enjoyable summer !

In this particular post I wanted to talk about my July Favorites (Hair Addition). As the title specifies, I am 9 months natural. In case you are new to my blog I believe it is vital to know the high waters I've encountered during my journey. The good, the bad, and the ugly; LITERALLY. Please check out my previous hair blogs that can be found in the drop box on the right. Thank you!


Now as some of my blogs state; like most new naturals, I became a product junkie. I would watch videos and go out and buy everything I saw. Then I learned the importance of knowing how different products respond to different hair textures. I now know that I have very fine 4b hair. Continue reading to find out which products are my favorite and why. :)

1. Africa's Best Organic Mayonnaise Treatment


This stuff has always been a great deep conditioner for me, even when I was relaxed it brought my damaged hair back to restoration. (over time) Shout out to Shyree for introducing me to this product, first hand. Now that I am natural I use it as a pre-poo (very generously) or a leave in (very lightly). I appreciate how soft it makes my hair feel. Of course with the help of other SEALING products.



2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

This is one of my favorite oils to use. Olive oil is one of the many oils that actually penetrate the hair shaft and therefore should be used when your hair cuticles have been wet with warmER water. Olive oil is a thicker kind of oil and gives your hair strands the ability to lock in all the moisture you gave it from water, water based products, and/or moisturizing products.







3. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Curl Activating Cream

Alright, if you check out my protein overload post. CLICK ME You will know the struggle I had when using Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioner. But this particular Cantu product does not have "hydrolyzed protein" in it. Which I learned is the type of Protein that is beneficial to our hair, but too much without a good balance of moisture, will create a problem. The Curl Activating Cream has glycerin, aloe vera juice, shea butter, and lots of oils in it. I also found it in Walmart for 5 bucks, such a great deal! The cream makes my hair feel so soft after locking in the moisture it gives, with olive oil.



4. Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel

I say YES to this gel ! It lays it all down. My main concern is always flaking when using with other products, which I do not get from this gel. But it does get my hair hard after drying .. any tips on how I can soften it up? I'd definitely appreciate them. Feel free to leave your comments below.







5. Bentonite Clay

Shout out to my auntie for doing this clay wash on my hair as a pre-poo! She told me that the clay would remove all the build up I had on my hair from the products I've been using. I decided I'd let her do it. After washing it out, my curls looked absolutely ravishing. They haven't popped like that since I've been natural. It's important that you know that I do not co-wash unless I end up washing my hair more than once in the same week. And I always shampoo with a sulfate shampoo. But the clay ultimately cleansed my hair. I must invest in my own supply.


6. Coconut Oil

Coconut has it's moisturizing properties but is not typically recommended to lock in moisture. In a previous blog where I spoke about length retention I speak about different oils, what they do and how they should be used. Please check that out for more info. CLICK ME








THANK YOU FOR READING, BE BLESSED !





PHOTO CRED:darlini.blogspot.com 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and the lady you have become. Of course, being natural myself for just a little longer than you I have experienced quite the same things you mentioned above. In order for my hair not to get hard from Eco styling gel I use cantu shea leave-in, in addition to my special blend of oils underneath the gel and it works fine. I only co-wash once a week unless I have used a great deal of product, but still I will give myself a protein treatment or use a deep moisturizing conditioner. Your hair will let you know what it like and don't like.....that's for sure. My hair "loves" shea butter" products. Now that I've checked out your blog, I'll be sure to stay in touch with you. Keep up the good work and have an enjoyable and fun-filled 4th of July weekend!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis Reed !! Thank you so much for your love, support, and feedback I really appreciate it all. Since you mentioned having a special blend of oils would you mind sharing the ingredients? and also what type of deep moisturizing conditioner do you use ? Enjoy your holiday weekend, thanks again :)

      Delete